Monday, May 5, 2008

in vietnam

we are in vietnammmm... its crazy. our hotel is really nice... it is monday may 5 at 8:30pm...
we had an extremely long flight... and it was night for about 24 hrs or something. Everyone looks really tired today.,\
we are in the business centre because the wireless wont work.
I can't even think of what to write...
long plane, really long... then we got here this morning... we had a delay at the airport because one girl had a mistake on her visa, it had the wrong date so she had to stay at the airport all day to get it sorted out.
We walked around the streets and went to the water puppet theatre and walked around following our guide and taking pictures. There is so much traffic and its mostly motor bikes. It is really scary to cross the street.
Some old lady almost hit me.. it was funny.
I stepped on a dead rat.
Our hotel is cool with big old wooden doors and panels and high ceilings and really big shutter windows that you can open and look into the street.
It is exactly what I imagined for windows.
Tomorrow we get up early.. sunrise here is 5:30am and sunset is 6:30pm.
We are going on tours of a bunch of places and later on a night train where we have to sleep and get up at 5am...it is my birthday tomorrow.
We will be back in a hotel on May 7.
For dinner we had to use chopsticks and I had to use the stabbing method for a few things but the food was good...fish and chicken with spicy sauce and sticky rice...etc.
The buildings here are really cool and tall and narrow. On the bus way from the airport I saw some people's homes that looked like fallen down haunted houses.
And people constantly come up to you on the street to sell you things. Our guide said to not make eye contact or answer them.
I took gravol awhile ago to make sure I can sleep tonight... I guess that is normal for me anyway/
Wellll nothing else to say right now. I am not sure when I will have internet again but thats OK!
As soon as more people came to the airport in Toronto I was way less scared...and now I'm not at all anymore.
It's summer here. Yay....
and the bathrooms are normal so far and there are showers so far.
OK well Karen is leaving now so I need to go. BYE WORLD.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey LOSER
Happy Birthday!!!
Love NOELLA

Lord of the North said...

Glad to hear you got there alright,

Sounds cool so far.

- Mike C.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good so far, Courteny. Have fun and stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Court...even though for you it's almost over but maybe you could keep on celebrating since it's just beginning May 6 here!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from the Past!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY' love u
sounds exciting
oh yea
happy hanson day lol